Tuesday 14 July 2009

Is it real this time?

After spending the last few months writing off the chances of swine flu causing the human race any major issues, and comparing it to the likes of bird flu in terms of what a fuss over nothing it was, I am no slightly concerned that it might, after all, be a serious problem.

One third of us may be affected by it this summer? This figure is so startling that at the moment I heard it on the news I was actually silently debating which of the three family members in the room at the time I would have contract the illness rather than myself (if you're interested, it was all three). But, scary as the figure sounds, not everyone that gets swine flu will die of it. That should help you sleep a bit easier at night, even if you are slightly concerned about that niggling cough.

If you think you might have swine flu, check your symptoms here.

1 comment:

  1. I know a few people that have had it, it seems quite infectious but not actually too horrible.

    I do rather like this, though: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/swine-flu-catches-cherie-blair-200907161911/

    ReplyDelete